SEARCH

12.16.2016

SINGAPORE HALAL: FIKA SWEDISH CAFE AND BISTRO

Halal certified restaurants are hard to find in Singapore especially in Orchard Road. So, I have decided to blog about Halal restaurants in Singapore for my friends and you to read about.

Anyway, it was a blessing to find ourselves (Baseema, my sister and I) staying in Kampong Glam for work. Being a center for the Muslim community, Kampong Glam offers a wide range of Halal restaurants from Middle Eastern, Asian to Western cuisines. And it was wonderful that we bumped into Fika.




Fika, is a Swedish cafe and bistro offering traditional Swedish dishes. I have to say that the reason I chose to eat at Fika is because of the restaurant's minimal interior, the neutral palette is so inviting, it is a Swedish cafe after all.

The people that came in were mostly in groups; the people behind us were celebrating a birthday and the people beside us were business friends having a farewell dinner. It seems that Fika is a perfect place to have casual dinners with friends.
 

 
Steak with Warm Potatosalad - (Stek med varm potatissallad) 
250g of premium Black Angus sirloin topped with garlic-butter, warm potatoes, onions and tomatoes served with mixed greens and a creamy whole grain mustard sauce on the side
SGD27.90



 Korvstroganoff
Creamy tomato-base chicken sausage stew served with rice, steamed vegetables and a small side salad
SGD17.50
It was my first time eating Swedish cuisine and I enjoyed my meal very much, in fact, I loved everything about it. The side of mustard sauce went perfectly with my steak and potatoes. Unfortunately for Baseema, she didn't. She thought that her food was average. What she should have ordered she said were the meatballs because those looked amaze-balls.

If we had the stomach, we would've liked to try everything because it looked so good on the menu. The portion of the food was good and the food was fulfilling that we didn't order desserts ... this time.

Outlets
Beach Road, 257 Beach Road +65 6396 9096
Millenia Walk, 9 Raffles Boulevard +65 6336 7234
11 Tanjong Katong Road, OneKM +65 6702 2456

Opening hours
11 am - 10 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment